Advanced Issues In Workers’ Compensation
Unravel Complicated Issues and Protect Your Clients.
Employment injuries can be devastating for employees and employers alike. All too often, seemingly straightforward matters quickly become complex, which leaves clients – and their attorneys – scrambling for answers. Don’t get caught unprepared when clients ask questions that stretch the limits of your knowledge. Attend this comprehensive seminar and get solutions for complicated workers’ compensation scenarios. Broaden your workers’ compensation knowledge and confidently handle complex issues – register today!
- Obtain the latest workers’ compensation legal updates you need to stay on the cutting edge of your practice.
- Get a detailed definition and criteria for permanent total and partial disability.
- Recognize the key indicators of workers’ compensation fraud and protect your clients.
- Explore the implications of apportionment for pre-existing or unrelated post-accident disabilities.
- Confidently handle claims concerning work-related aggravation of pre-existing conditions.
- Learn what evidence stands up to scrutiny in psychiatric injury claims.
- Unravel the complexities of Medicare set-asides in workers’ compensation.
- Navigate complex interactions between workers’ compensation and employment laws.
- Get insider’s tips for presenting evidence in a workers’ compensation case.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This advanced level program goes beyond the basics of workers’ compensation and will be of value to those professionals who want to optimize their knowledge of these issues. Those who should attend include:
- Vocational Rehabilitation Specialists
- Insurance Claim/Risk Managers
- Human Resource Professionals
- Workers’ Compensation Administrators
- Legislative Issues and Case Law Update
- Selected Issues in Workers’ Compensation Law
- Impairment Rating Disputes: Calculations, Proof and More
- Causal Relationships and Apportionment Issues in Workers’ Compensation
- Medical Issues and Their Role in Complex Workers’ Compensation Claims
- Psychiatric and Mental Injuries
- Medicare Set-Asides in Workers’ Compensation
- Legalized Marijuana and Workers’ Compensation
- Troubleshooting Employment Law and Workers’ Compensation Interactions
- Strategies for Successful Settlement Negotiations
- Ethical Obligations
- Litigation Strategies for the Difficult Workers’ Compensation Case
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT
Certification of Disability Management Specialists – CDMS: 11.00
Certified Rehabilitation Counselor – CRCC: 11.00
Continuing Legal Education – CLE: 12.00 *
Human Resource Certification Institute – HRCI: 12.00
International Association for Continuing Education Training – IACET: 1.20
Professional Achievement in Continuing Education – PACE: 14.00
Society for Human Resource Management – SHRM CP/SCP: 12.00
* denotes specialty credits